Monday, September 28, 2009

Evacuation Kits---Defense

This is something we hope won't be needed, but it may be necessary to protect you and your family--a hand gun. A holster of some sort to hold the gun on your person would be important, so that it is handy if there is an urgent need to use it. And, lastly, ammo. The Preparedness Pro suggests 50 rounds of ammo and that sounds like a good number.

This is a picture of my gun and 3 rounds of ammo. It is a 357 Magnum, a "Dirty Harry" gun. I do know how to use it and have shot it many times in competition. I don't have a holster, yet, but I do have a gun cleaning kit.

[PS--I'm a female].

2 comments:

  1. In the event of evacuation, 50 rounds is good to have, though for hunkering down, I have 1000 rounds per firearm to be safe. I'm glad you know how to use your firearm! It will make all the difference in the world should the time come that you need to use it one day.

    preparednesspro.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, guns are important. Some people are afraid of guns--they just need to learn how to use one by going through a gun course, and then practicing on occasion. Knowing how to use a gun takes the fear out of it.

    ReplyDelete