Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lifeboat Rations

I have been needing to make a emergency car kit and decided it was time to get it done. I have been concerned about what type of food it should contain that I could leave in the car all year round--even through our 110'+ summers (a locked car gets even hotter). I went through my huge 4 inch binder of emergency preparedness information that I have collected over the years and found a comment that was after a post. I believe the post was on survivalistblog, with the comment made by anonymous. The answer to my food dilemma is lifeboat rations. I just Googled "lifeboat rations" and there was a list of places that had them. They will withstand the extremes of hot and cold, which will cover just about anyplace. Most are said to be tasty and cookie-like, and full of calories, which is what is needed. They are pricey, but will last 5 years, I think well worth the insurance against an emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment