Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Comfort Foods---Artisan Bread

To me there is nothing better than fresh, hot bread. Along with soft butter, I could make a meal of it! But, I do have restraint and have never done that--although I have been tempted! The current issue of Mother Earth News has a great article on healthy no-knead bread. It is about the second book by Jeff Hertburg and Zoe Francois called, "Healthy Bread In Five Minutes A Day." Their first book was written about in Mother Earth News last spring; I made the recipe and then bought the book. The bread is super good! I haven't tried the recipes in the new article, but I am sure they will be just as good.

The bread is mixed up with a spoon--no knead!-- and set to rise. Then it is put into the refrigerator. When you want to have fresh, hot bread with dinner, just remove how much bread dough you want to use, shape it and let it rise; then bake. It's really that simple! And, the taste!! It is soooo good! The instructions cover every little detail, so don't get discouraged by its length. By the time you read through the information you will be a bread expert. The recipe is at towards the end of the article, but I would suggest you read through the information that comes before it. You can find this article here.

[The picture is from Mother Earth News].

2 comments:

  1. I have been making this bread for over a year now and I can't say enough about how great it is! It is fool proof, delicious, better than any store-bought bread, and super cheap to make. We can't eat soup without it!--Amy Burbidge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Amy! This is the best bread!

    ReplyDelete