Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shrinking Products

Have you noticed how products at the market are shrinking? I have used recipes that I have had for many years that called for a 16 ounce can of something, but today they only sell 14 ounce cans. Recently, I bought a 6-pack of paper towels, thinking that I was getting the better deal. Not so--there were fewer sheets per roll. Toilet paper is now thinner width-wise (unless you buy a special huge roll), and yesterday I was thinking that the toilet paper "squares" are even shorter. Sometimes I will buy a box of food, but the inner bag is much smaller than the box, when it used to be full. We won't even go into cost increases! We may need to re-think some of our year's supply of various items to make sure these smaller products will actually cover our 365 days of needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment